Cumberland Beach Park Rules
Whereas, the Cumberland Beach & District Ratepayers Association (CBRA) owns and manages the Cumberland Beach Park on Lakeside Drive; and
Whereas, the Board is comprised of volunteer members who are acting in good faith and in the best interests of the members of the Cumberland Beach Ratepayers Association; and
Whereas, there have been complaints in regards to certain operations in the park; and
Whereas, the CBRA Board has been threatened with legal action in the past;
Now, therefore, be it resolved that the Board of Directors of the Cumberland Beach & District Ratepayers Association put in effect park rules that are in the best interest of our members, notwithstanding our responsibilities as property owners and board members.
Be it further resolved that the following rules be initiated immediately and that the membership be notified by as many methods as possible including but not limited to park signage, CBRA website notice, social media posts, and sending emails to list subscribers.
Be it further resolved that non-compliance with park rules could result in progressive discipline including a verbal warning, written warning, and ending with termination of membership.
Be it further resolved that the rules are as follows but may be amended at any time without warning as the need arises:
- Member only park & beach.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swimming is at your own risk.
- Fires, fireworks, smoking/vaping are prohibited.
- Dogs must be leashed and under the owner’s control at all times.
- Clean up after your pet and take poop bags with you.
- No glass or alcoholic beverages.
- The park is closed at 11:00 pm.
- Snowmobiles must drive at 20 km/h or slower within posted park operating times only.
- Take all garbage with you.
- Violations may result in membership termination.
Approved: July 14, 2022
Location: Cumberland Beach, ON